Forest School and Outdoor Learning
See our Forest School Programme here: Forest School Curriculum Plan
Forest Schools enables children to engage with the outdoors and promote personal, social and emotional development through hands on experiences with nature. Children acquire skills that are transferable to the classroom and life in general.
During Forest Schools sessions, children get the chance to:
- Initiate and lead their own learning and development
- Feel equal, unique and valuable
- Have the freedom to discover and explore
- Experience and know how to manage appropriate risks and challenges
- Solve problems, persevere and experience success
- Develop positive relationships and self esteem
- Build a strong, respectful relationship with the natural world
During lockdown our camera has been up to catch the wildlife that visits the Forest School area.
All the videos can be found here Wildlife Videos.
Forest Schools Update
During lockdown, Mrs Stearne and Sycamore Twirly looked after our Forest School area ready for the children's return.
Outdoor Learning in Early Years
Foundation Stage explored the outdoors following the cold weather. They were excited to see the ice and see how it affected different areas of their outdoor area.
Outdoor Learning at Coxley Woods