Department for Education
Advice for parents and carers looking after primary school children.
Our latest guidance on Home Learning
Useful Websites and Links
- Brain Pop
A large range of educational resources from science and English to health and art. Loads of games and activities to help children learn whilst having fun.
- BBC Bitesize: Daily lessons for homeschooling in Maths and English for every year group, as well as regular lessons in Science, History, Geography and more.
- Oak National Academy: Online classroom and resource hub created by teachers. A bank of video lessons and resources.
- Off School: A website full of ideas for home learning and fun activities. Head to the Activity Zone for 100s of films, created by teachers, across loads of great topics and themes!
- Wakefield Museums and Castles: Downloadable resources to support your child's history learning.
- BBC Ten Pieces: A weekly film and linked creative activity to keep listening, enjoying and creating music at home without any special materials or preparation.
- Fitter Futures: A programme to support mental and physical wellbeing
- Passwords for Free Access
Username: reception Password: reception
Username: year1 Password: year1
Username: year2 Password: year2
Username: year3 Password: year3
Username: year4 Password: year4
Username: year5 Password: year5
Username: year6 Password: year6
English and Reading
National Literacy Trust Family Zone
Ideas and guidance for simple activities that will engage your children at home, while also benefiting their reading, writing and language development.
Organised by age group, you'll be able to access free reading and writing resources, audio books, videos, competitions and reading challenges. Every resource is available for free, although to access some, you may need to create a free account.
Book Trust Home Time
Looking for something fun as a family? Enjoy storytime with our free online books and videos, play games, win prizes, test your knowledge in our book-themed quizzes, or even learn how to draw some of your favourite characters.
Read Write Inc Ruth Miskin YouTube
Daily Speed Sounds sessions at Ruth Miskin Training on YouTube, will help keep phonics sharp
Jane Considine Sentence Stackers
Streaming English sessions for children of all ages.
Carol Vordeman The Maths Factor
Learn maths at home for free with Carol Vorderman. Teaching sessions and games to reinforce maths concepts for 4-12 year olds.
White Rose Maths Home Learning
A series of maths lessons for each year group from Year 1-8, updated each week. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully.
Early Years: Nursery and Reception
Class 1: Year 1 and 2
- Class 1 Week 1
- Class 1 Week 2
- Class 1 Week 3
- Class 1 Week 4
- Class 1 Week 5
- Class 1 Week 6
- Class 1 Week 7
- Group A High Frequency Words
- Group B High Frequency Words
- Letter Mats
Class 2: Year 3 and 4
Class 3: Year 5
- Class 3 Week 1
- Class 3 Week 2
- Class 3 Week 3
- Class 3 Week 4
- Class 3 Week 5
- Class 3 Week 6
- Class 3 Week 7
- Year 5 Activities